Monday, June 7, 2010

Conversations with Self

Atop a hundred storey staircase

gazing down upon the world

Wondering, will the grass be ever greener at the other end

Thereafter I realize falling down rings of smoke

each passing floor makes me more weary

each one making me re-live one of my past years

My life flashes in front of me

I hit the floor, the rock bottom

I can see my crushed body below me

As my spirit rises up again,

rising each floor, one at a time

my past memories are erased with each floor

Finally I reach my destination

The hundredth floor, only to see my pale body fading away

Lone I remember now,

is wondering, “Will the grass ever be greener”!!

15 comments:

Aroused said...

u stole that line from me..grass is greener on the other side..lol..naaaiiice..hope u having fun in ur hols..and i got the puns there if they were intended..

dethsoul said...

haha.. yea sure bro... i have been stealing lines from you ever since i started writing!!!.... IN YOUR DREAMS!!!..... and hols are good dude interning in bangalore!!! how are you doing?? thanks a lot for reading bro! :)

Abhishek Behera said...

oh such a vivid trip well narrated :)

dethsoul said...

sim mama, thanks for reading!!! :D

Pooja said...

loved the piece!

dethsoul said...

@pooja: thanks a lot for reading! :)

Abhinav Verma said...

I admire d creativity!!

bt dude i couldnt understnd d last two lines
wat did d soul realizd aftr rising up completely?

dethsoul said...

@ abhinav: thanks a lot for reading bro...... the thing is i was trying to talk about life and afterlife..... the endless cycle of life and death!!! the soul realizes that after dying below, his slate was cleaned and he/she was to embark on a new journey!!! :D

Dhinesh said...

Awesome one dude!! :)

dethsoul said...

@ karadi: thanks da!! :D

Swedish Girl from Omegle said...

This is dazzling! Absolutely wonderful! You made me shiver, no doubt about it :)

dethsoul said...

@ swedish girl: hey thanks a lot, it always feels good to hear that from a fellow poet!! :D

K.V.Sumathi Singh said...

getting better with each post lil bro!
and yes the grass is always greener on the other side :) just have to walk through it ;)

K.V.Sumathi Singh said...

getting better with each post lil bro!
and yes the grass is always greener on the other side :) just have to walk through it ;)

Unknown said...

hmmm... may have deeper meanings... good one...!